Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Big Move. Oxford.










After 1 year and 2 months living in Birmingham, I decided that its time for some change. A major one. I kinda anticipated that this year a lot of changes and decisions wil have to be made. Well, I just did one. And its all for the good. I felt kinda stuck when I was in Birmingham, the negativity no matter how I try to ignore and do the "mind over matter" thing, it always find a way to pull me back. If I want change, I have to change myself first. And if I feel like I am stuck at the moment, the change I want isn't just possible, And I also have to consider my goal, the main reason why I am here in this country in the first place. At this point in time, its all about that. I only have 4 months left and with all these rules and laws and the whatnot, the option of staying here longer is all blurry. I don't know what will happen in the next few months. I have my options, God is giving me more options. And I know he won't let me down. I claim it.

Moving in Oxford is all part of the plan. In time that I really have to leave UK, go home or go somewhere else and John has to stay, my worries won't be as bad if he's in Birmingham. I know it depends on the person is he's going to do it, wherever he is he will do it. But I also believe that the people around him has a part. The influences around. And in Birmingham after what happened in the past only just prove that, you can't trust anyone.

The first time I've been to Oxford was last week. In my 1 year and a half in the UK I questioned myself, why didn't I ever thought of visiting this place? Oxford's vibe will really make you feel that Hey, I am in Europe. This is Europe. The architecture of the buildings, the people walking around the city, the bicycles, the alleys, its all very Europe. Well, I know this all Europe, but what differs Oxford from the places in the UK that I've been to, is maybe its vibe. Unlike Birmingham, Oxford has more nationalities from Europe, you can hear people speaking french, spanish, italian, greek, and even russian. There are people in asia too. You can see chinese, japanese, a few indians and of course Filipinos walking around the city. I love that bicycles are pretty much a popular transportation in the city. You can see bicycles everywhere. Just like in italy and france, which vespa is like their national transportation, hehe. There are buses too which I love because they give change, unlike in Birmingham you have to give an exact fare. And also they come every 15 minutes even during night time. There are also regular buses going to London so when school term starts again, it won't be much of a hassle traveling to London anymore.

There are more to see in Oxford that every visitor will surely love and enjoy to see. Now that i just moved in, I will make the most out of each opportunity to see the part of Oxford that is really worth seeing. Treasure the remaining moments of what UK has to offer. Appreciating the beauty of the environment. I might not see it again or maybe it will take me a long time to come back. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment